Prev: RE: [LIST] Non-topics Next: RE: [LIST] Non-topics

Re: [FT] FTL

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 08:22:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] FTL

>>_Way_ to big, IMO. that's 42,000 km to 420,000 depending on your MU.
>>Even with a 1000 km MU "danger space" in a 3-D space is way below 1
mu.
>>Try to randomly placing 2 100 meter cubes in exactly the same spot in
>>1 million by 1 million meter cube.

>All things are possible when you are master of the universe... bwa ha
haa
>^GM^.
>The physical size in real world terms doesn't both me.  In game terms
its a
>mechanic that I can live with as a GM.

Feh. Still don't like it - I'm not a big fan of arbitrary rules, and I
can't think of good PSB to justify it. i'll live with it if I have to.

> If I were attacking a space station in a system known to have on table
> asteroids (painful ;}) I would not FTL onto the table where I might
displace
> into them or my own ships or the station.

I'd jump blind in to the heart of Earth's asteroid belt without a
thought. With all the hundreds of thousands of rocks there, space is so
big that the odds so greatly disfavor the house it shouldn't even be
called a gamble.

Noam

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: RE: [LIST] Non-topics Next: RE: [LIST] Non-topics