Prev: Re: [FT] Sensors, FTL and other stuff (long) Next: A Kids game...

Re: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL

From: "Denny Graver" <cyberdruss@c...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 03:07:46 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL

>> Anyhoo, I extrapolated similar tables (based on longest ranged
weapons)
for
>> the Kra'Vak and Sa'Vasku and they look like this:
>>
>>	       PASSIVE	  ACTIVE    LONG RANGE
>> Humans	 36"	    54"        72"
>> Kra'Vak	 30"	    45"        60"
>> Sa'Vasku	 24"	    36"        48"
>>
>XXX
>     And just what will the E-sensor and the S-sensor
>do in the table?   JTL

They do nothing currently  - unless within active  sensor range.

>XXX
>...Snip...JTL
>>		 FTL Danger
>>		   Space      Other notes
>> Human	     6	      Causes Nausea in Humans, most require
drugs
>> Kra'Vak	     4	      Causes adrenal rush, some requires drugs
avoid
>> fighting amongst the crew !
>> Sa'Vasku	     2	      No Effect.
>> Sa'Vasku ships _never_ misjump into their own ships.
>>
>XXX
>     This does not look as if it would have any effect on the game.
JTL
>XXX

It may do.

It means that Kra'Vak ships can travel closer together than Human Ships,
and
Sa'Vasku can Travel even closer together and _Never_ affect their own
ships
on FTL entry/exit unless they hit aliens ships (which fits with my
forming
views of the SV - I can see 'swarms' of SV warping into a systems to
graze...

It could also make both KV and SV fleets use different methods/tactics
during games.  KV/SV fleets can FTL into/out of a battle with less
chance of
mishap .
Combined with the Xeno-Sensor rules they add (I think) a little flavour

Prev: Re: [FT] Sensors, FTL and other stuff (long) Next: A Kids game...