Prev: Re: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... you will be.

Re: [FT] FTL

From: "Denny Graver" <cyberdruss@c...>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 02:11:12 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] FTL

FT says:

Noam said:
>_Way_ to big, IMO. that's 42,000 km to 420,000 depending on your MU.
>Even with a 1000 km MU "danger space" in a 3-D space is way below 1 mu.
>Try to randomly placing 2 100 meter cubes in exactly the same spot in a
>1 million by 1 million meter cube.

All things are possible when you are master of the universe... bwa ha
haa
^GM^.
The physical size in real world terms doesn't both me.	In game terms
its a
mechanic that I can live with as a GM.

As an Admiral it might bother me, but if that's the 'game universe' rule
have to play with, then it will influence my 'game decisions'.

If I were attacking a space station in a system known to have on table
asteroids (painful ;}) I would not FTL onto the table where I might
displace
into them or my own ships or the station.

>Plus, unless the combat is pure accident, or the scenario is a
>scrambled/panicked reaction, fleets are doing microjumps for final
>arrival, syncing up to arrive on time and in formation.

True, but the best laid plans can and do go wrong, and no plans survives
contact with the enemy unless its kept in the same black box as the
flight
recorder...

'The Weak Will Perish' - Species 8472 :Voyager

Prev: Re: [FT]Sensors -Xeno Sensors & FTL Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST... you will be.