Prev: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...

Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 09:59:18 +1000
Subject: Re: [FT] Basing Fighters

G'day John,

>I know that this question has been asked at least once before, but it's
>new year, and there all kinds of new people on the list, so....
>
>How do you base your fighters?  Until now, I've been mounting a
cardboard
>triangle on a GW flight base, and mounting a figher on each corner.
It's
>not bad, but I want to do better.  Does anyone do anything particularly
>brilliant that doesn't require an engineering degree?

We use two methods (as you may have guessed Derek and I rarely
do anything in the same way - family cohesion is such a grand idea ;)  )

Derek gets really fine brass rod (1mm I think) and cuts off 6 short
lengths
of it, sticks those perpendicular to a base (he uses balsa hexes, but
you
could use round/square etc.) then sticks one fighter to the top of each.
That way they're at different heights etc.

I also use the fine brass rod, but I drill 6 holes into a GW flying base
and
its neck and stick the wire into those instead. I bend the rod (if its
stuck
into the neck) so the top is pointing up and then stick the fighters on
top.
I get fighters at different heights/angles, but all still in a group.

Both methods look pretty good, but they can be a bit fiddly at times.

Hope that gives you some ideas.

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax (03) 6232 5199 International +61 3 6232 5199

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB Next: Re: [OT] Re: Tired of the stupid comments about SST...