Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2 Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 22:10:56 +0100
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2

I haven't had time to read the original posts carefully, but Thomas
Anderson wrote:

> maybe this is realistic: a big gun can fail to kill thin armour only
by
> completely mucking up; a small gun can kill thick armour only by a
lucky
> hit. thus, you never get the partial penetration a damaged result
would
> suggest.

The "damaged" result represents two things to me: Either "partial
penetration" (ie, the shot penetrated but too little of its energy got
through to do serious damage), or full penetration but in a non-vital
area (blew off some of the targetting sensors, damaged the comm gear
etc). There is usually very few items in a combat vehicle that don't
contribute to the vehicle's performance though, so any internal damage -
even if it doesn't kill the vehicle - would reduce its performance in
some way.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL][DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2 Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: [DS2] FMA Enhancement for DS2