Prev: Re:[OT] Movies vs. Books (was: Tired...) Next: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB

Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 11:40:03 +0100
Subject: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley

6

> > burn in direction 12; rotates to heading 3; and uses its two
remaining
> >Thruster points to Push to port; its total movement in direction 12
has
> > therefore been 8 instead of 6.  Next turn it could perform the same
> > steps in reverse order, to end facing direction 12 again.
>
> Hmmm, an interesting thought, and one that I can see the rationale
> behind... what does anyone else think?

Mikko for one would be overjoyed to see it <g>

It is simple and reasonably realistic. It can be made more realistic,
but
then it's not simple any more :-/

I'd drop the restriction on using only one rotation, though (IIRC, using
the "common" FT2 scale it'd take a Thrust-2 ship approx. 1 minute to do
180-degree facing change - assuming the hull structure is up to it, of
course, since the shear stresses would be fairly big <g> - and that
leaves quite a lot of time in a 15- or 20-minute turn <g>).

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re:[OT] Movies vs. Books (was: Tired...) Next: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB