Prev: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley Next: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB

[FT] Basing Fighters

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 21:45:57 -0500
Subject: [FT] Basing Fighters

I know that this question has been asked at least once before, but it's
new year, and there all kinds of new people on the list, so....

How do you base your fighters?	Until now, I've been mounting a
cardboard
triangle on a GW flight base, and mounting a figher on each corner.
It's
not bad, but I want to do better.  Does anyone do anything particularly
brilliant that doesn't require an engineering degree?

(Oh, and I found my Sa'Vasku paint scheme; an amalgamation of several of
the suggestions that I recieved.
1: Basecoat black.
2: Paint with Floquil "PRR Dark Green"--a great color, only slightly
removed from pure black.
3: Drybrush with Cartoon Colors "Dark Green 15".
4: Paint the "lips" and dots along the back with Partha "Mold Green"
5: Paint interior of the "mouth" with CC "Bright Green 20", and then
splotch it with bright yellow.
6: Paint the tips of the spines with CC "Green 20", and blend along
their
length.
7: Spray with a Satin coat.
The result evoked a heartfelt "Yuck" from my fiancee, so I think that
it's
a success.  Thanks, everyone!  Now, can someone explain why the
escort-sized ships don't have mounting holes?)

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: FT: FB2 Preview - Obi Wan Tuffley Next: Re: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB