Prev: [HIST] IAS introduction - Ship design Next: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB

[FT] Solar Thrust, fuel consumption, and realistic space combat

From: Keith Watt <kwatt@a...>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:21:49 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Subject: [FT] Solar Thrust, fuel consumption, and realistic space combat

Hi folks -

   Several people have asked me to post the details of the realistic
rules
(they aren't really much of a rules modification so much as a way to
explain the current rules with real physics) that I use for Solar
Thrust.
The derivations are algebra-heavy, but aren't necessary unless you want
design your own engines.  I made a table of typical engines for
comparison
at the bottom of the engines article.  Fuel consuption rules and their
accompanying derivation are there, as are the background and history for
the Solar System in 2063.  I'm working on the strategic movement rates
now.  Feedback would be very welcome!  The main page URL is:

http://www.erols.com/kwatt/SolarThrust

Enjoy!

Keith

kwatt@astro.umd.edu
Univ. of Maryland Astronomy

Prev: [HIST] IAS introduction - Ship design Next: [FT] Houserules for bringing MT missiles into FB