Prev: Re: FW: More - you know you are a wargamer when.... Next: Re: [FT] Minatures......

Re: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 14:21:29 -0500
Subject: Re: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

I use a combination of Ral Partha's acryclics, Testor's various oil
based paints, and the superior (IMHO for military modelling - due to
vast colour range) Tamiya acrylic paints. I also have used Humbrol
oil based. The problem is no one range of paints gives you the full
range of colours, shades, or texturing (thickness, etc) that you want
so you end up buying into multiple ranges. I also use acrylic
artist's inks for shading. And I've used high percision Staedler
drafting pens for detailing.

I find Tamiya makes a fair sized acrylic paint in a good colour
range. If it has any issue, it is that one must make sure they are
well shaken and maybe stirred if they've been sitting - colour
components tend to settle in levels and this means if you paint from
the cap of the paint jar, then the bottom, you get a slight variance
in colour unless mixing was thorough. But, when covered with testor's
dullcote, they seem to hold up to dropping and other abuse reasonably
well.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255

 -Bjarne Stroustrup

Prev: Re: FW: More - you know you are a wargamer when.... Next: Re: [FT] Minatures......