Prev: Anyone use Liquitex Paints? Next: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls

Re: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

From: -MWS- <hauptman@c...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 00:30:18 -0800
Subject: Re: Anyone use Liquitex Paints?

At 01:21 AM 3/3/99 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone on the list (or off the list) have experience painting minis

>with Liquitext Acrylics (or any other artist quality acrylics).
>
>I've been a miniature enthusiast for over 18 years (not long by some
>people's standards).  I've finally gotten fed up with Game$ Work$hop's
>Citadel brand paints and inks and Ral Parthas stuff.  Don't get me
wrong,
>both lines have there good (and bad) points.  Unfortunately for my
liking
>they dry to quickly, giving me little time to work with them once I've
>transferred the paint to my palette.  Another problem I've found is the

>consistancy from lot to lot.  I've also used Testor's Model Masters,
>Floquil and Polly S.  With the Polly S and Floquil lines going through
>some major changes and the watery nature of Testor's line I fine myself

>longing for something else.

[snip]

I've tried using the Liquitex Medium Viscosity paints - "jar" paints,
not
"tube" paints - and the one thing that sticks out is that they won't
stick
to metal at all.  If you don't use a good primer base, you can peal the
acrylic film off of the metal like an orange peel.  Other than that,
they
work just fine. :)

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com -or- hauptman@concentric.net
      The Gear Locker - http://www.sfcmd.com/HeavyGear
	  Full Thrust - http://www.sfcmd.com/fullthrust

 Finagle's Law:
   The perversity of the Universe tends towards the maximum.

Prev: Anyone use Liquitex Paints? Next: Re: [ft2.5] armour v hulls