Prev: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question Next: Re: Modified EFSB stats for Kill the Bin'Tak

Re: [OT] Some nice website utils

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 18:59:23 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [OT] Some nice website utils

On Tue, 2 Mar 1999, Los wrote:

> Here are two nice webiste utilities:
> http://siteinspector.linkexchange.com/
> Gifwizard well inspect all the grapchics on your site and if you want
> reduce image size without reducing quality. I just cut my pics sizes
in
> half without changing the look of my site. ($2.95 a month)
>  http://www.gifwizard.com/

Here's two more utils that I find useful:

http://validator.w3.org/  another free HTML checker; run it with
"Include
Weblint results" and "Run Weblint in 'pedantic' mode" for most complete
results.

The other site is NetMechanic <http://www.netmechanic.com/> which is
FREE
and includes 'Gifbot', a graphic compressor like the one Los mentions
above. It'll also do a bunch of the other checking...

these are the two I use a lot for my site,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question Next: Re: Modified EFSB stats for Kill the Bin'Tak