Prev: RE: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries Next: [ft2.5] armour v hulls

Re: Saturday at the Con. . .

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 19:08:22 -0500
Subject: Re: Saturday at the Con. . .

Aaron Teske wrote:

> >this militant culture, no fear of death in battle, a hatred for the
> >Venutians and their UNSC flunkies,
>
> ...?	That, I didn't pick up from the fluff; at the moment, the UNSC
is
> newly returned to space after decades of isolationism, and the
Venusians
> are the only ones who approached them.  (Why the Martians didn't, I
really
> don't know....)  Don't blame *me* for the failure of your political
branch!

Right.	But if you're in bed with the Venusians, I was figuring that you
were the same to us--my victory conditions gave me more points for
blowing you to space scrap than they did for letting you go home.

> >To what?  Getting out in one piece?	At least once your colonial
allies
> >went 'poof' and you lost most of your fighters. . . :)
>
> Most?  I still had more'n half, actually.  By one fighter, but more'n
half,
> and I took out about 60% of Andy's standard fighters.  The two attack
> groups... would not have done well in a dogfight.  And your PDS rolls
were
> laughable enough that I wasn't worried about 'em, and if you'd
actually
> come to visit my ships I could've gotten my other weapons to bear....

Yeah, but thinning out those fighters gave me a fighting chance.  And if
the Vestians hadn't pulled their fighter support you'd have been in
trouble.

> Anyway... it was a good game, and got one thinking of more than just
this
> one conflict.  Quite nice. ^_^

Exactally.  If you get the players to consider the long-term
consequences of loosing the fight or loosing the ship or negotiating a
peaceful conclusion to the fight, then you've done a good job.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: RE: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries Next: [ft2.5] armour v hulls