Prev: RE: [FT] Assembly and Storage Next: Re: [DS2] Dropship (was: My order)

More Basic Ideas

From: "Michael Blair" <amfortas@h...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 1999 08:14:46 PST
Subject: More Basic Ideas

I use round brass tubing but I am intending to change over to square.
The sight on ones ships spinning on the bases is not good.
However there may be another alternative, cheaper and easier to work
with.
Several companies (Evergreen and Plastruct) make square section styrene
(plastic) 'tubing'. This would be much easier to work with than brass,
more easily cut and easily glued with normal liquid cement to the
standard flying bases, whether the round Citadel type of the more
traditional hexes as sold by Bwana Jon.
Brass may still be the best bet for the male section that fits onto the
ship but I think plastic may be the way to go for the base.
I will try to get some and report back, but I have to mail order the
Evergreen I prefer so this could take weeks.

Michael.

Prev: RE: [FT] Assembly and Storage Next: Re: [DS2] Dropship (was: My order)