Prev: Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage Next: Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage

Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:34:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage

<<mass snippage of all sorts of things; including someone asking about
cutting brass tubing:>>

Dremel tool w/ cutting disk is the way to go. Use a new, sharp disc and
you shouldn't have any problems with deforming the brass.

If you still have deformation problems or don't have access to a Dremel,
try getting a bit of small dowel or balsa wood to stuff down the brass
tubing - having stuff inside the tube will prevent most or all of the
deformation. I've also heard that plugging one end of the tube and
filling
it with sand works, although it strikes me as way too fiddly for very
small tubing.

Failing a dremel, a fine hacksaw blade or a modelling 'razor saw' are
probably the best ways to cut brass. A regular razor knife (X-acto,
whatever) will cause the most deformation, although it will cut thin
brass. (I think X-Acto might make a serrated-edge blade for their
knives.
I seem to recall seeing them; if X-acto does make them, they might
work.)

Hope this helps,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)			-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage Next: Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage