Prev: [CON] AAR - Kra'Vak vs NRE (SUMMARY) Next: My order

[CON] AAR - Kra'Vak vs NRE (FLAVOR TEXT-LONG)

From: "Wasserman, Kurt" <Kurt.Wasserman@C...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:29:01 -0500
Subject: [CON] AAR - Kra'Vak vs NRE (FLAVOR TEXT-LONG)

It had been a long time preparing for Stalk. Even for a Stalker fleet as
experienced as that of 1st Rank Stalk Commander Kr'rt, waiting grows
tiresome.  Heading into Hu'man space would be a good thing for him and
his
crew.  The only wrinkle in this great plan was that there was no
response
from their final refueling station, nor from its picket ships.	This
breach
of protocol was troubling.

(From the translated logs of 1st Stalk Commander K'zirt, 1st Talon
Wz'Zel
fleet)
------
Our transition into N-space went as smoothly as I expected of my
seasoned
crew.  The Lan'K'Ster Refueling Station has not answered our hails and
we
are having difficulty finding any sign of the picket ships defending the
station.  I have ordered the fleet into Stalk at best fleet speed.
------
P'zerp in Detection has informed me that he has found a message
cannister
from one of the picket ships, the Krn'Tok.  I knew the captain of that
one.
The logs have revealed that they were destroyed by a Hu'man fleet of
some
size that overwhelmed them.  There is no mention of what happened to the
station so our only option is to advance.  Five killercraft patrols have
been launched.	One squadron is still in crates and not operational.
------
P'Zerp reports that the Hu'man fleet has just appeared.  Their flagship
appears to be the largest ship we have enocuntered so far.  Definitely
in
the heavy dreadnought class.  There are several battlecruisers as well
as a
good number of the frsshtookk missile firing ships that have plagued us
since we first encountered the Hu'mans.  They will be our priority
targets.
My fleet is deployed in tight maneuver formation and the order is out to
Confront.  Rumors have been spreading through all of the fleet that
these
Hu'mans do not recognize when they are losing.	We shall see.
------
The firing has started.  Our maneuvering swung the entire fleet out of
range
of the first salvo of Hu'man missiles.	Our railguns have scored several
strong hits on the Hu'mans including a penetrating shot from my Hunter.
That gunner is to be commended. His shot struck very deeply into one of
the
frsshtookk missile cruisers.  I am finding it curious that there is very
little long range firepower coming from the heart of their fleet.  Our
railguns are striking with deadly effect but the Hu'Man response at
range is
minimal.  I am also noting that we have local space superiority.  This
is a
rare moment.  My killercraft have already dispatched the Hu'man's and
have
vectored in on the HDN.
------
My killercraft have encountered a new class of Hu'man ship.  It is
capable
of putting forth a staggering amount of point defense fire.  Nearly half
of
my craft were killed in the first tu'run of engagement.  The remainder
scored significant dmage that succeeded in stripping most of the HDN's
armor
away.  I shifted priority targeting to this escort ship to preserve our
space superiority and tore deeply into it.  The Hu'mans have been
cycling
their targets, acheiving hits on the closest of my ships rather than the
largest.  This behavior has allowed me to keep my heaviest railguns
intact
though my Hunter has suffered greatly in the past tu'run.  Reports of
life
support failing come in from many of my ships but they know their duty.
Their first priority is to keep our weapons working.
------
With the Hu'man escort cruiser severely damaged, my killercraft are able
more effectively attack.  Their losses are high  but Flight 226 is
undamaged
and score admirable damage.  This is a great day for them for they will
surely be promoted.  My railguns are piercing the HDN again and again.
The
Hu'mans are not responding to our surrender codes and they keep fighting
despite the crippling damage to their heaviest ship.  The rumors then
were
true.  I order the fleet into Slay.
------
The Hum'ans are in retreat now.  Their HDN disintegrated followed by a
number of their smaller capital ships.	After detaching a Du'kak frigate
into sensor range of the station, its fate was apparent.  Teh Hu'mans
had
ravaged it and were in the process of pilfering its technology.
Unfortunately, they were able to escape prior to my fleet's arrival.  I
can
not help but wonder how many of the the "Alien Artifacts" they captured
are
really food prep units and not computers at all...
------
The Hu'mans have taken their survivors and left the system.  Not once
did
they respond to our requests for their surrender.  Valiant as this may
have
been, it was a horrible waste of resources.  Surely they would rather be
alive and incorporated into our clan rather than dying!  How can such a
single-minded race survive long enough to travel the stars?  Pursuit is
possible but I have decided my priority now is to secure this sector.  I
have lost many great warriors today but they will be welcomed into the
Hunter's Halls with honor.

Prev: [CON] AAR - Kra'Vak vs NRE (SUMMARY) Next: My order