Prev: RE: [FT] Assembly and Storage Next: Re: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries

Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage

From: "What do you mean 'Vorchans aren't atmosphere-capable'?" <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 07:32:05 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: [FT] Assembly and Storage

>Excuse me if this has been covered before here (which I'm sure it has
>some great extent), but I'm new to FT and the list, and had a couple of
>quick questions:
>
>1.  What is the best way to glue on the bases so that the ship is
straight?
>I've purchased 4 fleets (ESU, FSE, NSL, Sa'Vasku), and I am now trying
>assemble them.

Congrats on your purchase.  :)	 Dunno what the *best* way to glue ships
so
they are straight. I just use a superglue to glue the ship stands to the
bases and try and balance them as best as possible when the stands don't
fit exactly.

>2.  What does everyone use to store their ships?

I use plastic handgun cases. The foam inside does a great job at
protecting
the minis (esp if you take the time to cut/trim some of the foam out so
it
will conform to the minis ;).  At GZG-ECC II this past weekend I saw
similar
packaging from other people, but the best was from Keith Watts who took
the
same handgun cases I have, but used GW pre-cut foam to put his ships in.
At
$10 he thought it was well worth it. But this will only work for medium
and
larger ships if you have a way of removing said ships from their stands
(Keith
does; he has an ingenius way of mounting his ships to their stands; I'll
let
him tell you about it :)

>3.  Do you need more than 1 of any ship type in your fleet?  I've
purchased
>1 of each ship type in the 4 fleets I mentioned, but do I need more
that 1
>Superdreadnought in any given fleet?

Well, that totally and completely depends on what you plan on doing with
your fleets. I have currently 2 NAC light carriers. I would ultimately
like
to get 3-4 more. Will I ever use them *all* in a specific scenario?
Probably
not. But I wanna have 'em. :)  Other ships I have multiples of, such as
the
NSL battledreadnought, I *have* used together in games I've played. I
just
picked up 3 of the 'new' ESU heavy cruisers (the class name suddenly
escapes
me :-/ ). I plan on using them together in scenarios someday, yes. It
really
all depends on what you want to do, what kind of scenarios you want to
play
or intend on playing.

Mk
-
I'm not giving in to security under pressure,
I'm not missing out on the promise of adventure,
I'm not giving up on implausible dreams -
Experience to extremes...experience to extremes....
					   Rush - "The Enemy Within"

Prev: RE: [FT] Assembly and Storage Next: Re: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries