Prev: Re: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries Next: RE: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin.

Re: Sa'Vasku painting was: (RE: [FT] More Thrust Cover)

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 09:51:15 BST
Subject: Re: Sa'Vasku painting was: (RE: [FT] More Thrust Cover)

On 1 Mar 99, at 11:54, Robertson, Brendan wrote:

> I have done them with a deep or metallic purple base coat, topped by
> sponging black over the top (with the most open sponge you can find).
> Gloss everything. Heavily.
Mine are a purple base with varying drybrush highlights (lots of green
or
yellow + purple) going out to pure yellow/green at the spine tips.
Mottled
with whichever of the two highlight colours I used least on the
particular
model. With, agreed, a couple of layers of gloss varnish. They actually
look
errr... pretty gross. Which I suppose is the effect I would be after - I

wanted them to look organic. If you're going for the 'ancient alien
stealth
spider' look I think yours would be pretty close.

New catalogue arrived this weekend (Ta jon!) containing the news that FB
2:
Aliens wouldn't be ready for Salute. I am desolate.

Can someone give me cost/date/location for Salute BTW? I may go anyway,
see
what GZG's trade booth has to offer...

					TTFN
						Jon
"Did you have a good world when you died? Good enough to base a movie
on?"
    - The Doors
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: Re: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries Next: RE: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin.