Prev: Re: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries Next: Re: [Con] GZG-ECC II Con Overview Report

SV: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 06:49:10 +0100
Subject: SV: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

John Crimmins wrote:

> For some reaon, I keep reading that name as "Foul Ol' Ron", from
> Pratchett's "Discworld" series.  Is there a connection, or is it just
> coincidence?

You're not the only one :-)

> Come to think of it, though, Ankh-Morpork would make one
> hell of a minor power....

'Twould make for rather boring battles, though - Ankh-Mopork wins its
wars in two ways:

1) By buying the enemy army, or
2) By surrendering on terms guaranteeing a civil war or revolution
within

    the enemy power...

Neither seems very attractive from a wargamer's point of view :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

Prev: Re: [Con-Quotes] GZG-ECC II Quote Board Entries Next: Re: [Con] GZG-ECC II Con Overview Report