Prev: [Con] GZG-ECC II Con Overview Report Next: GZG-ECC Too Much Fun?

Re: [FT] More Thrust Cover

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 17:03:51 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] More Thrust Cover

John Crimmins wrote:
...Snip...JTL
> On a semi-related note, has anyone come up with a Sa'Vasku paint
scheme
> that they'd like to share?  I've got a whole bunch of them now, and
I'm not
> sure how to approach them.  I'm going to grab some books about insects
and
> crustaceans from work tomorrow, and see if I can find any inspiration
> there, but it's always good to hear suggestions from others.
>
> John X Crimmins

John,
     From bottom to top.
1) Very dark brown.
2) Dark brown. (chocolate)
3) Medium brown.
4) Yellow brown.
5) Yellow.
6) Pale yellow.
All of the above are flat colors, for the 'knob' on the carrier and
'exhaust'
areas use a semi-gloss medium brown.

For the last 1/4 inch of less of the spines.
7) Very dark red.
8) Red.
9) Bright red.

     All the steps, except the base coat (#1), are dry brushed in
progressively lighter applications.

     Note: I normally bend the tips of the spines down about 1/16
of an inch to get a 'grasping hand' look.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: [Con] GZG-ECC II Con Overview Report Next: GZG-ECC Too Much Fun?