Prev: Re: FB finally arrived! Next: Re: [FT] Tug confusion (and Tug vs. Bay)

Re: [FT]-Max Number od Weapons

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 18:10:10 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT]-Max Number od Weapons

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Laserlight wrote:

> Bear in mind
> that you *could* take e.g., a Komarov SDN and rearm it with all Class
1 & 2
> Beams.  I'm thinking about doing something along those lines, albeit
with a
> smaller ship.

bob mackenzie has done something similar with his martian capital ship
designs, such as the apokalipsis and stalin:

http://members.xoom.com/gzg_l/prm/

in-depth arean-dutch testing exercises reveal that it doesn't work so
well
:-). well, it's very hard to use effectively. development continues.

just pushing the limits, i tried building a mass 160 BB using the
armageddon outfitter:

http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/fbsd/

with thrust 4, a single row of armour (12 boxes), 2 FCS, 2 PDS and a
single screen, you get to fit 40 beam-1. i'd be pretty scared by that. i
think i could beat it, but it would still be pretty scary.

Tom

Prev: Re: FB finally arrived! Next: Re: [FT] Tug confusion (and Tug vs. Bay)