Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page) Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 08:00:38 -0700
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

[snip]
>On a more serious note, we need to rein in "ubertech" that doesn't come
from
>the Big Four. If they, with their trillions...hundred
billions....scores of
>billions?  Where are we on the population thing?  Anyway, if the Big
Guys
>haven't discovered it, it's probably not because their militaries are
old
>and stodgy.  Consequently, it's unlikely that minor powers will have
much
>new tech.

Makes sense.

And if the Big Guys *do* have it...well, NAC and ESU expat researchers
are most welcome in the Reynolds Consortium (under the Alarishi
umbrella),
which was started by same. And probably welcome elsewhere, as well.
The Big Guys won't be the only ones with it for long (whatever "it" is).

(We do have to maintain game balance, after all--at least within
broad parameters.)

- Sam

Samuel Reynolds
http://www.spinwardstars.com/
http://www.primenet.com/~reynol
reynol@primenet.com
samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page) Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)