Prev: Albany NY? Next: RE: Albany NY?

Re: was: RE: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin. Now a

From: "Thomas Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 17:14:30 -0500
Subject: Re: was: RE: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin. Now a

Adrian spake thusly upon matters weighty:

> I heard a story once about a military exercise that was taking place
in one
> of the American desert training areas.  It was a joint exercise with
> Australian, US and British troops.  They had severe communication
problems,
> because they couldn't understand what each other was saying over
radios.  :)

That's cuz not one of the three groups mentioned above speaks real
english (like the English and some Canadians). (*Incoming!!!!*)

It's funny ot think English is one of the few cases of a language
lots of folk claim to speak, and yet someone from the Hebrides
speaking English will have real trouble talking to someone from
Memphis or someone from Alice Springs or Detroit's Inner City.

To bring this OT for GZG, I wonder how to simulate this in GZG games
- difficulties (increased roll req'd) for support requests and other
commo requests between nationalities? Or do we assume on board
translation AI takes care of all this in the future?

Tom.
Thomas Barclay
Voice: (613) 831-2018 x 4009
Fax: (613) 831-8255