Prev: [FT] NI / FCS and other things (long) Next: Re: [FT] NI / FCS and other things (long)

Re: Replensihing Fighters

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 08:56:06 -0500
Subject: Re: Replensihing Fighters

Brendan wrote:

Fighter recovery rules: roll 1 die for each fighter;
1-3: pilot killed, fighter destroyed
4-5: pilot recovered, fighter destroyed
6: pilot recovered, fighter recovered (just needs some duct tape).
Each squadron has 3 replacement pilots.

That's too high an attrition level for me. Given how easy it is to knock
out fighters with PDS, I'd make it something like this (more detailed,
less bloody):

Vs PDS
1: Pilot killed, Fighter destroyed
2: Pilot killed, Fighter Reperable but out of commission
3: Pilot Recoverable, Fighter Destroyed
4: Pilot Recoverable, Fighter Reperable but out of comission
5: Pilot Injured, Fighter reperable to operational, but pilot cannot
engage in combat, must be recovered
6: Figher not combat-operational. Pilot and fighter break off and can
navigate back to carrier under reduced power

Vs. Class 1
Same as above, but die roll at -2 (result below 1 is 1).

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: [FT] NI / FCS and other things (long) Next: Re: [FT] NI / FCS and other things (long)