Prev: Re: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin. Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

Re: [FT] Wave Guns, Fighter Racks, Mass/Thrust, & Maneuver Oh My!

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1999 00:24:58 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Guns, Fighter Racks, Mass/Thrust, & Maneuver Oh My!

John Leary wrote:

>      Item 4 will lose the ability of the 'K' to be an interesting
> and dangerous enemy. If you want a ship with Kra'Vak maneuvering
> ability, play a Kra'Vak.

Only if you want to play in the canonical Tuffleyverse. There are no
Kra'Vak in other backgrounds. I need the high-maneuverability option if
want to play, eg, those "telerobotically controlled" Syndic raiders from
"The Fleet" series, or the B5 Centauri. Neither of those races use
railguns for ship-to-ship combat, so the KV are a rather poor simulation
of them.

FB2 will *NOT* be a product where you have to stick to a specific race's
combination of engines and weapons. That'd kill the entire idea with a
generic space combat game.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [semi-OT] News on Jon White, ex-list admin. Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)