Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

Re: [FT] Tug confusion

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 17:54:19 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Tug confusion

devans@uneb.edu wrote:

> ***
> therefore would provide access to the hull for the fighter pilots
> ***
>
> And, I could easily argue that the 'clamps', which I can't find in the
rules,
> the
> extra passages in the ship, the 'cover' to attach to the cockpit, the
special
> fittings for the passing gas ( ;->= ) and other supplies to the
fighter, the
> undocking mechanism to assure no collision before the fighter can
deploy,
> would add up to a significant percentage of a fighter bay mass.
>
> And, I hope I will FINALLY get this to keep from wrapping weirdly!

...Snip...JTL
> The_Beast

     Well if you don't like all the extras, just use a standard FTL
freighter
with a pressurized cargo bay with a hatch.   I just happen to like the
parasite fighter concept.  (like Bab 5 did with the Black Omega
squadron.)

You were close, only a couple odd wraps.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)