Prev: Re: Alarishi Home Page Next: Re: Gaming area

[FT] Tug confusion

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 16:56:51 -0500
Subject: [FT] Tug confusion

The way I understand Tug rules is that there's no extra cost for an FTL
tug capbility per-se, but you pay mass and cost for the mass you want to
carry - 20% of the carried mass..

Does this mean I can build a ship that is basicaly rickety tin-can FTL
engine with clamps for fighters with the cost of 5 mass and 15 points?
Mass=5,
Weak Hull   (1 mass)
Thrust 9	 (2 mass)
FTL (Tug) (1 mass)
Capacity 6 (1 mass)

If tug cap is always rounded up, them the clamps are 2 mass and engines
are 1 mass for 5 thust

Add to that a standard flight of fighters and we get a (possibly one
shot) FTL fighter group for 33 points. Anyone want to take a Richtenhoff
against ten of these things? Even 5? Either a) I've got a major gap in
my understanding of tugs, or b) something's broken. Most likely A. Could
someone set me straight?

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: Re: Alarishi Home Page Next: Re: Gaming area