Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page) Next: Re: [list] gzglweb was Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS

Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 11:20:41 PST
Subject: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page)

>John L. wrote:
>
>> Question: Do all/most of the people doing nations on the GZGpedia use
>>	     house rules (for weapons/systems) in the design of the
>fleets
>>	     being considered as standard for the nation/power?
>
>As you know, I'm making the New Israel fleet with stealth hulls (and
>therefore house rules). However, I have been thinking about making
>_another_ NI fleet using only FB systems, for situations where house
>rules are different or dis-allowed. For NI, a purely canon fleet would
>also dictate a doctrine change from long range sniping to close-in
>armored knife fighting, mainly because that's what I'd rather do if I
>didn't have stealth ships to play with.
>
>Noam

Well, all Illuminati ships have stealth too--I'm modelling it after the
Mimbari ECM system from the EFSB*--but I was reluctant to include it in
the designs on my fleet page.  I wanted to create a strictly "legal"
force, so that everything would fit (more or less) into the standard
universe and allow me to play as-is against a new opponent.  What I've
decided to do when I redo the page (soon, honestly) is include the stats

for the Illuminati stealth system, and add a note to each ship;
something like "To include stealth system, remove one Class 2 Battery
and three point of armor."  Of course, this means that I have to work
out Point/Mass costs for Illuminati stealth first....

*It's not going to be a world beater--opponent must make a roll to
lock-on, and cannot fire at the stealthed ship if he fails the roll.  If

the stealthed ship fires any weapon, or applies more than 2 points of
thrust, stealth is negated for the turn.

John Crimmins
john1x@hotmail.com

Prev: Re: [FT] Fleet design (Was Re: Alarishi Home Page) Next: Re: [list] gzglweb was Re: [FT]Star Trek: TOS