Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding

Re: [FT] Wave Guns, Fighter Racks, Mass/Thrust, & Maneuver Oh My!

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 15:29:22 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Wave Guns, Fighter Racks, Mass/Thrust, & Maneuver Oh My!

Izenberg, Noam wrote:

> Four FT thoughts/questions for the week:
...Snip...JTL
> 2) Someone asked just recently about external fighter racks. I, too
> would like to locate the old discussion if there was one. Bolt-on
> fighters are logical options for FT
...Snip...TJL

> 3) When a ship drops expendables (launches missiles, fighters, boats,
> SM's) it is in fact losing mass.
...Snip...JTL
> 4) I assume that FB2 will determine some of this, but I think it would
> be neat to be able to buy more maneuverable ships for a given thrust -
> like the Kra'vak maneuverability in FT2.
...Snip...JTL
> Noam R. Izenberg		  noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Noam,
     Items 2 and 3 can be handled under the rules by buying
a tug and allowing the parasite fighters to come and go
as necessary.	The one big limiting factor on the parasite
fighters is that no special types with expendable ordinance
could be carried/rearmed.  (I.E. no attack or torp fighters)

     Item 4 will lose the ability of the 'K' to be an interesting
and dangerous enemy.   If you want a ship with Kra'Vak maneuvering
ability, play a Kra'Vak.   The logical extension of this line
of thought is that everybody can have anything they want.   Where
is the challenge in that?

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding