Prev: RE: [OT] My Life Next: Re: [DSII] Genre - and details about casting/moulding

Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 13:06:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question

On Tue, 23 Feb 1999, jim clem wrote:

> Great house rules, I'll be using some of them for the NCS army.
> However, the drones I'm designing are autonomous, download the GPS
> coords of the target, let it fly, sit back and watch the fireworks.
The
> NCS army has learned the hard way, that their human resources are hard

> to replace, so they have a serious Reach out and Touch Someone
attitude
> in combat.  So lots of RPVs, Drones, and Arty (both tube and missile).

> This brings up another question, is it possible to have a signature of

> less than one?

Not really. What would you roll as a defence die for a -1 or 0 signature
vehicle? I'm afraid that d12/Sig 1 is the best that can be got under
vanilla DS2.
(You could House Rule some sort of supertech d20 uber-stealth, I
suppose,
but that strikes me as a bit silly.)

I gather your Drones are actually combat vehicles? Interesting...the
only
drones we've used are little Size 1 VTOL Artillery Spotters. Very, very
effective force multipliers. No guns, though. (to ref back to another
thread, team an Ogre up w/ a drone or two. Deadly!)

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--
    -- House Rules, Photos, GW Autobasher, Fantasy Wargaming, and more--