Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question

Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

From: "jim clem" <travmind@h...>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 1999 06:11:39 PST
Subject: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 14:38:15 -0800
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com>

>Sorry, I was just considering the size, I had forgot about the costs.
Yes
>they
>would have to be cheaper....How about taking the total cost of the
ship, and
>then reducing it by some percentage?  Say 20% or 30%?

No, this would need to be done on a "by system" basis to maintain
balance
and design flexiblity.

Schoon
======

That would also allow for ships with mixed tech, as things advance.

Jim Clem, B.S.E.
Main Site:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891
Full Thrust:  http://www.geocities.com/area51/stargate/2891/ncs.html

"Only the incompetent wait until the last extremity to use
force, and by then, it is usually too late to use anything,
even prayer." -- H. Beam Piper

Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question