Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [FT] Weapons comparison

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:23:38 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Weapons comparison

Laserlight <laserlight@cwix.com> wrote:

>The lesson from this chart (or rather, the lesson that I picked up) is
that
>the ability to maintain the range you want is likely the most important
>factor in victory (other than hot dice).  If you have a battlecruiser
with a
>couple of Class 4 beams, you can plink away at the enemy and win, as
long as
>you can stay out of his range.  On the other hand, if you have Class
2's and
>he has Class 3's, then you want to get to knife-fighting range and stay
>there.  This in turn implies that perhaps the most important factor
about a
>ship is its speed, and the captain's ability to use it.
>
>Argument?

Nope. The captain that can maneuver (of which speed is ONE factor) his
ships most effectively will win the day. However, effective use of
multiple
ships is just as important, particularly since FT is a fleet game. This
means presenting your least favorable targets to the enemy while
positioning your ships to concentrate their fire on his most favorable
targets.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: [DSII] Genre