Prev: RE: FMJ Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question

Re: [DSII] Genre

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@c...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 16:14:20 -0800
Subject: Re: [DSII] Genre

I'm in agreement with the GW infantry. IMHO the best thing GW ever did
was the plastic Epic-scale infantry. Plastic is expensive to set up a
production run for, but dirt cheap over a long production run. I've got
plenty of both Space Marines and Imperial Guard for Dirtside. The Guard
look very good painted khaki. The space marines make outstanding power
armor figs, in scale with the armor and  easy to paint (black primer,
drybrush whatever color you like).

Most of the Epic lead is, as said before, too Gothic for DSII or Ogre.

At 1:56 AM -0800 2/22/99, Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:
>John Crimmins wrote:
>
>> I think that I have the same figures that you do.  I've got an entire
>> Paneuropean army: the only unofficial models are the Superheavies
>>(Partha's
>> second Demolisher), the MHWZs (GW figs), and the Missile crawler
>>(also GW).
>
>The old GW "Deathstrike" missile launcher looks quite adequate as a
>Cruise Missile carrier. Ral Partha puts out a Battletech TOW cannon
that
>looks more like the illustrations on the counters than the official
Ogre
>Howitzer.
>
>The new GW stuff for Epic 40k are far better models, but too Gothic for
>Ogre.
>
>>  Oh, and the Infantry--GW again.
>
>But of course... love those 5-base Space Marines, especially when I got
>them before they became pricey.
>
>--
>	       http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
>aebrain@dynamite.com.au     <> <>    How doth the little Crocodile
>| Alan & Carmel Brain|      xxxxx	 Improve his shining tail?
>| Canberra Australia |  xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
> abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo	oo oo	  oo
>			By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale

Michael Carter Llaneza
Devolution is very real to me.

Prev: RE: FMJ Next: Re: Vulnerability of Ogres: Plus a DSII question