Prev: Re: [FTA] Alternates wanted Next: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

Re: Gaming area

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:10:43 +0100
Subject: Re: Gaming area

Donald Hosford wrote:

> Well...On the two occasions that I had completed a game...I was using

> variation of the triplanetary system.

[snip]

>To keep it simple (and to approximate the FT2 move system)

This isn't very similar to FT2 (ie, Cinematic) movement except for
thrust-2 ships (or at low speeds - no higher than 4-5 or thereabouts
IIRC, but it was some years since I played Triplanetary), but apart from
the "face the direction you're moving" part it is a very good
approximation of the FTFB Vector movement rules.

It is probably possible to translate the Cinematic movement to a hexmap,
but I'm not sure I want to try :-/

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FTA] Alternates wanted Next: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships