Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: Gaming area, was: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 02:08:14 EST
Subject: Re: Gaming area, was: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

<< Well...On the two occasions that I had completed a game...I was using
variation
 of the triplanetary system.  (ie: Use grease pencils to mark your
vector.)  I
used
 a "vector counter" instead.  Place it in the hex where your ship will
be next
 turn(assuming no maneuvers).  Then move the vector counter hex 1 hex in
any
 direction for each thrust point used.	Lay a ruler between the ship
counter,
and
 the vector counter to check for colisions.  To keep it simple (and to
approximate
 the FT2 move system) I just pointed the ship counter so the vector
counter is
in
 it's front arc, but still facing one of the six edges.

 Fire arcs were simple...Just lay the ruler across the counter, corner
corner.
 Or you could use the hex sides for the FB arcs.

 The rest of the game is normal.

 Donald Hosford >>
That sounds interesting, I'll try it out with a small fleet of ships and
let
you know how it goes, maybe I'll dust off More Thrust and Full Thrust
and put
to geather a small game.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: [DSII] Genre Next: Re: [DSII] Genre