Prev: Re: Jerry's Going Away on Vacation! Next: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [DSII] Genre

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:14:41 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Genre

At 04:35 PM 2/21/99 +1000, you wrote:
>John Crimmins wrote:
>
>> I've got, lemme see now...four Fencers, 5 Mark Vs (two of them
painted,
>> ealthough one is a Grenadier figure)), 4 Mark III's, one Mark IV
(don't
>> ask), and four of the old-style "Demolisher" tanks, which are
certainly
>> Ogre sized, if not shaped.  Plus three robots from Grenadier's
"Paranoia"
>> line, that look like Mark I's.  No, none are for sale.  I just like
talking
>> about them....
>
>You're a Cruel, Cruel Man. All I have is a Mk V, Mk IV (the only one in
>Oz, AFAIK), a Mk III, and 6 Fencers. Plus a fair few PanEuropean and
>Combine stuff, a lot of which is quite rare (Combine Mobile Howizers,
>SuperHeavies and light GEVs).

I think that I have the same figures that you do.  I've got an entire
Paneuropean army: the only unofficial models are the Superheavies
(Partha's
second Demolisher), the MHWZs (GW figs), and the Missile crawler (also
GW).
 Oh, and the Infantry--GW again.  When/if I get a chance to do so, I'm
going to paint the official versions of the SHVY and MHWZ to match the
rest
of the army.  The Paneuopean LGEVs are the best looking SF microarmor
I've
ever seen--I just wish I could see what the GEV-PC would have looked
like--and I already have them painted up and added in.	The Combine LGEV
are nice too, but I can't help but think that they look kinda like
tennis
shoes.

>Grenadier Ogres? I knew Martian Metals made some, but Grenadier?

I might be misremembering.  I picked them up from a store that
specialized
in OOP items, at Origins many moons ago.  We were the exclusive carriers
of
GZG in those days....  As I recall, the blister packages were white, and
the same people made Car Wars figures--which I've been working on this
very
evening.  (I discovered that GW IG motorcycles are perfect for Car Wars
miniatures, and that set off a whole new round of painting.)

>With a bit of luck, SJ may licence another firm to do some more sooner
>than you think.

I talked to an SJG rep at an open house a few years ago, and apparently
Steve himself wants to do the new figures in a larger scale.  I'm hoping
that this is no longer the case.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: Jerry's Going Away on Vacation! Next: Re: [DSII] Genre