Prev: Re: [DS II] Flamethrowers Next: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [DSII] Genre

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 22:30:27 -0500
Subject: Re: [DSII] Genre

Brian Burger wrote:

> Be warned that DS2 is not kind to supertanks - an Ogre is dangerous,
but
> it's also a damned big target. Literally almost impossible to miss, so
you

I know.  Just as an exercise I knocked out an Ogre and a Bolo (both
owned by John Wilkes, whom y'all will meet at the con, if y'all show.
It's a matched set--my buzz and his pony tail) with a militia tank
destroyer company and a handful of Akritai.  But you have to use them
right.	For one thing, they really ought to be supported by lighter
units--the Imperial Dinochrome Turma is going to have a bunch of GW
Dreadnoughts (size 1 or 2 walkers) that I picked up as part of the same
deal, plus some size 6-7 grav tanks and probably some drones (size 1
VTOLs) as well.  For another, they really do work best in groups--I want
to put the entire Turma (technically regiment, but it will be the only
turma I can represent 1 for 1 on the table, so no more than 2 Ogres and
a Bolo, plus supporting units)

> We never did give our Ogres Nukes in their artillery. Should have,
> probably. Would've made them much, much more deadly...

Of course, if you have nuclear weapons release, it only takes one nuke
to kill the Ogre.
And if the Ogre were spewing nukes, then it wouldn't take long to get
nuclear release.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Re: [DS II] Flamethrowers Next: Re: [DSII] Genre