Prev: Re: [SGII] Buildings Next: Re: [DSII] Genre

Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 1999 17:56:33 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT][FH]Sumani Incident (or: Battle of the Johns)

Laserlight wrote:

> >> Leary:
>
> Leary said:
> >	In a last effort to clarify the position with reguard to
> >the Sumani IV incident I offer this quote from FT:
> >"2173 The Sumani IV incident.   ESU and NAC peace negoiators
> >assassinated by an Islamic Federation terrorist attack.  ..."
> >I trust that clarifies my position.
>
> Yes, but...
> a) players have knowledge that people in the milieu don't
have--remember my
> point about the SaVasku?
> b) terrorists don't have to be in their home territory.
XXX
     I agree. JTL
XXX
> c) who would go to New Arabia for a conference?  No alcohol, all women
> swathed in 32 yards of fabric, a politically hostile environment.
>
> Why not head for  Nouvelle Suisse, or some other pleasant neutral
place?	In
> fact, they chose the fleshpots of Sumani IV.	I'm not an
astrocartographer
> [the crowd sighes in relief] but why not put it in the Inner Systems?
> Conveniently close by, the UN can make sure no one is shooting as they
go
> in, and it's had enough time as a settlement to get some decent
landscape
> and weather.
XXX
     Perhaps the ESU and NAC, after 8 years of war the two parties may
be
a bit tired.   The third party claims that the war is hurting
development
on the third worlds.   The third party, while not happy with either of
the
main parties, nevertheless wishes to broker a peace treaty to end this
terrible waste of lives and recources.	 JTL

> Why not head for  Nouvelle Suisse, or some other pleasant neutral
place?

     Because you, (the IF), will need to smuggle in the substance to
a place with high security, a place where you have not been invited.
The people hosting the affair may be a bit upset that you have killed
the guests, this will lead to an invertigation of the incident and a
REAL desire to find the persons responsible.   This sort of thing is
much harder to control.   JTL
XXX

Well, enough.

Out for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Buildings Next: Re: [DSII] Genre