Prev: RE: Fighters for FT Next: PING for Mr. Pettigrew

Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 16:25:38 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets

On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Izenberg, Noam wrote:

> Roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the FT list digests I receive arrive as
> attachments rather than email texts because the "message uses a
> character set that is not supported by the Internet Service."

i've never seen that particular error, but i do often get messages with
the text in an attachment as well as in the body. a while ago, i had
trouble where a message was broken up on the degree character, which
isn't
in the ascii character set and so required loopy processing.

ah, the joys of open systems!

Tom

Prev: RE: Fighters for FT Next: PING for Mr. Pettigrew