Prev: Re: Online Game Stores Next: GZG service and stands (was: assembling FT minis)

[OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets

From: "Izenberg, Noam" <Noam.Izenberg@j...>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 09:10:19 -0500
Subject: [OT-LIST] Unsupported character sets

Roughly 1/4 to 1/3 of the FT list digests I receive arrive as
attachments rather than email texts because the "message uses a
character set that is not supported by the Internet Service." I'm not
sure whether this is afailing of my mail in particular or not, but I
realize it almost always and almost only happens whenever discussion of
Rot Hafen comes up. I think the umlaut over the O makes my mailer choke.

If I'm the only person this happens to, then I'll deal with it. If this
happens to others, may I ask, Los and others, that you try Rot (and
other words) without the Umlaut or other accent marks a few times as a
test? I, for one, would really appreciate it.

Noam R. Izenberg		noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu

Prev: Re: Online Game Stores Next: GZG service and stands (was: assembling FT minis)