Prev: Online Game Stores Next: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

[DS II] Flamethrowers

From: "John M. Atkinson" <john.m.atkinson@e...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 21:32:49 -0500
Subject: [DS II] Flamethrowers

I recently bought a quartet of Irregular WW2 US Army Engineers with
Flame-thrower.	On a whim, I painted them all up as NRE Engineers.  Not
a bad set of castings, by Irregular standards, and includes a large
bloom of flame from the thrower.  You'll see 'em at the ECC, if you
attend.

So, I think, maybe there ought to be rules for Flame-throwers?	Say,
they allow the stand to draw three chits like an assault stand, and
validity is as if the target was in the open.  However, Flame-thrower
stands do not fire simultaneously.  If they are knocked out when the
defenders fire, it is assumed to have been shot before they got close
enough.  20 points per stand in addition to basic element cost.  May be
carried by either assault or engineer stands (for a total cost of 80
points if line or 100 if Power Armor, militia aren't likely to have
flame-throwers), but if the engineer platoon retains normal engineer
capabilities (demolition, etc.) it may not contain more than 25%
Flame-thrower stands.  Gotta have someone to haul around the explosives.

Flame-thrower stands _must_ be obvious.  Those things are not
inconspicuous.

John M. Atkinson

Prev: Online Game Stores Next: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII