Prev: GZG History Next: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

RE: [FT] Fighter group sizes

From: Binhan Lin <Lin@R...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 12:37:24 -0700
Subject: RE: [FT] Fighter group sizes

This would be like splitting up Salvo missiles into salvoes of
a single missile each.	I think there are some basic assumptions
regarding number of targets and how the PDS works.  If you're
going to allow groups to be broken up, then the PDS should gain
the capability to shoot up to six targets each - doing one point per
target for a 6 plus a re-roll.

I think the assumptions is that the fighter group is just a convenient
breakdown for doing rolls, you could fire at each target individually
with each PDS being able to fire at up to 6 targets or just do 1 roll
for every 6.

In addition, if you use the Fighter Morale Rules a group of 1 would
rarely make the morale check and wouldn't attack.  Use of the Morale
rules is recommended in the FB.

--Binhan