Prev: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost?? Next: Re: [MISC] Web Pages

Re: [FT] Fighter group sizes

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 09:37:42 -0800
Subject: Re: [FT] Fighter group sizes

>FT Fighters:
>
>As I understand it, the standard 6-fighter group is simply a convention
>for ship building and book keeping. There is no hard and fast rule
>regarding the size of fighter groups. This opens fighter use to
>potential abuse. You have a slight advantage sending in 6 groups of 5
>instead of 5 groups of 6 - Even if the defender has 5 PDS, at least 5
>fighters are guaranteed a clean, unscathed shot.

[mass snippage]

My take on the subject is that following the SPIRIT of the rules, you'd
have as many groups of 6 as you have fighters, and maybe a leftover
group
of the rest.

This prevents too much abuse. Even though fighter group size is not
explicitly stated, I think it's pretty well been established at 6.

WAY too rules lawyer-ish for FT.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost?? Next: Re: [MISC] Web Pages