Prev: [FT] Fighter group sizes Next: Re: [MISC] Web Pages

[MISC] Web Pages

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 06:53:33 PST
Subject: [MISC] Web Pages

Speaking of Web Pages....

I've kept mine pretty much graphics light, excepting the occasional
title and the Navbar that I just added (And one page which is composed
of nothing but large gifs.  But, hey: it's a page of counters....).  The

only page that mixes a lot of text with a lot of graphics is the
Illuminati fleet page, which has an SSD for each ship.	I'm going to be
redoing the page over the next week or two, bringing it more in line
with the revised Illuminati doctrine, and I was wondering about people's

opinions of SSDs.

Are they a good thing?	A bad thing?  An indifferent thing?  I, for one,

find it easier to grasp the subtle intricacies of a ship design when an
SSD is included, but that may be the result of too many years of Car
Wars.  Plus, you can save the images and print them out, and that's
always a good thing.  On the other hand, it does increase download
time--not unendurably, I think, but it increases it nonetheless.

When I revise the pages, should I:
	A: Remove the SSDs entirely?
	B: Put them all on a separate page (with, eventually, pictures
of the
minis)?
	Or C: Just leave the page as it?

I'm leaning towards "C", but I like to hear the opinions of others.

Of course, when I do the DSII page, I'm going to include record sheets
for everything--tables, not graphics, but that's another debate.  I'm
still not using frames, though!

http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/Fleet.html

John Crimmins
john1x@hotmail.com

Prev: [FT] Fighter group sizes Next: Re: [MISC] Web Pages