Prev: Re: Sneak Peek of Improved UFTWWWP. Next: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??

Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

From: Thomas Anderson <thomas.anderson@u...>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 13:53:04 +0000 (GMT)
Subject: Re: [FT] Obsolete ships

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Tony Francis wrote:

> Rather than tinkering with the points system / design rules, which I
hate
> doing, I've just restricted the weapons I fit on older designs. My
'obsolete
> battleship' design has nothing larger than Class-2 batteries,

umm ... my battleship has nothing larger than class-2s anyway. bob
mackenzie's have class 1. i don't think absolute size of beam is a very
good way of limiting the design. i'd suggest increasing the required
mass,
or saying that, say, 20% of obsolete ships is taken up by
"inefficiency",
so that the ship's systems are effectively 25% larger.

> no screens
> (just armour and high hull integrity), no P-Torps, SMs etc.

some people do it that way anyway!

Tom

Prev: Re: Sneak Peek of Improved UFTWWWP. Next: Re: [FT] Gunboats - points cost??