Prev: Re: [DSII] Usable Operational-level Rules Next: KV on Warthogs

RE: assemblying FT minis

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:51:29 +0000
Subject: RE: assemblying FT minis

>On bases
>
>GZG 'ship' their capitals in the UK with the old GW style
>plastic flying bases and these are woefully inadequate for
>the big stuff.
>
>I have one imported ship with a US style base and these are what you
>need for the big ships. Looks like I will have to order from the
>US or make my own to get something appropriate. AFAIK the US bases
>aren't in the UK catalogue. I think they should be available at least
>as extras (as including them would push up the prices).

We have actually just made a new all-metal hex base/post, slightly
larger
than the plastic one, for the big ships (not sure at the moment whether
include it instead of the plastic one (which would mean a price
increase)
or to just supply it as an optional extra). It's not listed in the
catalogue yet, but will be announced in an update very soon.
A possible alternative is a metal post only, for use with the existing
plastic hex base - doesn't increase footprint, but does solve the
fragility
problem vs. all plastic stands (and adds only a very small extra metal
content to the packs).

Jon (GZG)