Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

Re: [DS2] ADS/PDS vs SLAM

From: Jon Davis <davis@a...>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 06:10:00 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS2] ADS/PDS vs SLAM

Andrew & Alex wrote:

> >4) ADS/PDS do not have a noticable effect on SLAM attacks. The sheer
> >volume of missiles in a SLAM attack makes it impossible for a ADS/PDS
> >system to intercept all of the missiles. This also explains why
Stealth
> >is not effective vs SLAM (p.  8)
>     Stealth is effective versus SLaM. Page 9 is slightly in error, I
> believe. This line should read something like:
>     "... and as they are unguided they cannot be 'spoofed' by ECM;
this
> makes the SLaM pack a very effective weapon versus even high-tech
enemies."
>     The "and Stealth" has been removed in this correction.

Jon (GZG) made a reply to this question in April 1998.	My question and
his reply is below:

>On page 9 of the Dirtside rules, it states that SLAMs
>"cannot be 'spoofed' by ECM or Stealth systems."
>
>Does this mean that the defender's die type against a
>SLAM attack is the Basic signature?  I could not find
>any other mention of this in the rulebook.  We have
>been using effective signature, but a clarification would
>be helpful.
>
>Jon Davis

Yes, just the Basic signature - the reasoning being that SLAMs are
unguided
area-saturation weapons, and the bigger the target the more likely it is
get hit.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List