Prev: RE: [SGII] Suppression of Alien Races Next: Re: Population math help!

Re: assemblying FT minis

From: kwasTAKETHISOUT@o... (Kr'rt)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:38:30 GMT
Subject: Re: assemblying FT minis

Doh.  Well, I guess I suspected all along that landspeeder minis would
not always serve as pig boats...  I have a few additions to my fleet
as well.

The Kra'Vak never sleep....

As for mini-assembly, try doing the B5 Wars Omegas.  Lawdy, they took
a lot of grinding and sanding.	There were halves that were so warped
that sanding wouldn't even bring them together!  I had to fill them as
well or lose a lot of detail.  I really should have "talked to" that
guy at Historicon who said he did the casting on them.	At least they
make up for the substandard mechanics of their minis with way above
average prices....  I have =GOT= to start my own game store, if only
to get what =I= consider reasonable prices for gaming material...

-=Kr'rt

>RANT MODE ON
>For me there's no more annoying or frustrating thing than trying to
assembly
>these poorly casted Full thrust minis. Horrible flash, mismatched or
non
>existent holes, virtually no QA. It really makes wanting to put some
ships
>together a dreadful thing. OTOH I assembled some Ft minis that I got
from
>nic@Eureka, and they really are a joy. THEY GO TOGETHER LIKE THEY'RE
SUPPOSED