Prev: Re: [SGII] Supression Next: RE: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns

Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:54:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Crossover from GZGPedia List

>Knights Templar next.	:)  Alarishi I expect to use a very. . . fexible
>organizational structure--is there a governing body regulating the
>contributions each habitat makes (OK, you're volunteering to support a
>force at the XYZ Credit level, that gets you a section of Powered Armor
>organized thusly. . . ), or it all about what the locals like, or
>something inbetween (can request advice and assistance from Imperial
>Army, etc.)?

1) There are Imperial troops, ie power armor Marines plus size 1 walkers
,
some larger AFVs on the few locations that have significant gravity.
These
are standardized across the Empire although most places will have a
platoon
or less.  Anyone who wishes to pay for more can have more, but they
don't
choose what they get.
2) Installations.  Ships are not permitted Beam 3+, SLM, or torpedoes;
fighters are permitted but frowned on.	On the other hand, anyone who
can
afford it can put whatever he likes into a body with a fixed orbit--the
example of Jack Old Ron, with his 2 PDS and 1 Class 3 Beam on a 90 meter
rock springs to mind.  The Emperor doesn't pay for this except to defend
Imperial (as opposed to locally owned) territory.
3) Local governments may raise whatever troops and put them in whatever
organization they care to.  The results range from the shock troops of
the
Militant Order of the Poor Fellow-Soldiers of Christ and the Temple of
Solomon, to the enthusiastic part-time militia of New Pascagoula, to
several
undefended pacifist sovereignties.  Anyone who wishes Imperial advice
can
pay an advisor to come and make his suggestions, and can pay drill
instructors to train their troops.

Right now I'd like help on Imperial troops.  If anyone wants to submit
local
TO&E (eg Jerry for his Han Bank asteroids), feel free--I will put them
up on
the website, inshallah ("means the same as the Spanish 'manana', without
the
urgency").  However, it's the Imperials I'd like to focus on.

For those of you who are just joining us, it should be pointed out that
the
Empire is small (3 star systems, no habitable planets)--it's an empire
because of structure, not size.  The largest body, the Imperial capitol,
is
the size of Ganymede.	The average body is on the order of 50km across.

Those who have read this far may also wish to discuss the effectiveness
(or
lack) of grav vehicles on microgravity bodies.

Prev: Re: [SGII] Supression Next: RE: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns