Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: Re: assemblying FT minis

Re: [SGII] Supression

From: "Chris Lowrey" <clowrey@p...>
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 17:21:35 -0600
Subject: Re: [SGII] Supression

>Nonsense.  Are you saying that if Antarans are 20% faster than humans
they
>must then be 20% weaker to balance it out?  An alien can't be faster,
>stronger, smarter, and more technologically advanced all at once?  I
don't
>see why not--especially when you take genegineering into account.  The
>universe is not always (or even usually) fair.

While the above may certainly be true, having a game with two different
sides, one of them being superior in everything, wouldn't be much fun.
If
sides aren't "fair" in some fashion, the game will suck.

>However, if I were running Aliens (of the movie of the same name) I
would
>NOT make them easier to hit, and I would NOT have them suppressed by
enemy
>fire.	Different situation, different instincts, different behavior.

It's something of a dramatic device in movies, creating creatures that
don't
suffer from the same weaknesses humans do to illustrate those
weaknesses,
then exalt in the strength of the human spirit in overcoming those
weaknesses and triumph over the "superior" forces.

These are movies, after all, made for humans.

As far as Aliens are concerned - compare the body count total between
the
Marines and the Aliens, and see who was harder to hit in a fight (not a
lot
of Aliens low-crawling....)

Chris

Prev: Re: assemblying FT minis Next: Re: assemblying FT minis