Prev: RE: Figs for DSII and SGII Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns

Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

From: Brian Burger <burger00@c...>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 1999 19:03:48 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Figs for DSII and SGII

On Sun, 14 Feb 1999, JANoll wrote:

> Okay after beating my head against the Net for a little while, I
thought I'd
> get smart and ask.
> What kind of figs do you use for DSII and could you send me a link or
email
> address or phone # for the supplier.
> BTW I know about GZGs DSII line of figs and like them I'm just looking
for
> something different.

All of these companies are linked to from my webpage - see my .sig for
the
URL.

Scotia make a nice and extensive line of SF 1/300. Scotia has no
website,
but Simtac, their North American agents, do.

Ral Partha's Battletech line is mostly silly mecha, but has some usuable
vehicles. (some nice aerospace units)

Brigade make a small but nice line.

Adler's Dark Star seem good - their SF 1/300 buildings are. These are
distributed by Stone Mountain.

The BEST source of minis information is The Miniatures Page (TMP), which
has
huge indexes by genre, scale and company.

Irregular has no web presence that I know of, and their minis are far
less
detailed, but they're less expensive as well.

There is also, of course, Games Dorkshop's Epic scale, for which you
will
pay epic prices and be forced to sell your soul to some tentecled horror
from the Beyond. (I do not have a link to Goudge Wonkslop on my page.)

For Stargrunt II, I play in 15mm scale. GZG has a small but nice 15mm
SG2
line; Irregular has 15mm SF that are slightly oversized, not as
detailed,
but inexpensive; Tabletop Miniatures (no website that I know of) has
some
that are reportedly nice; Peter Pig's are good; there are a couple more
companies out there as well; check TMP. Ditto for 25mm SciFi stuff.

Hope this helps,

Brian (burger00@camosun.bc.ca)
-- http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html
--DS2/SG2/misc--

Prev: RE: Figs for DSII and SGII Next: Re: Manuever warfare was:Anti-Tank guns